Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am seeing a new family doctor for the first time...should I expose my mental health issues now or not?

I have some type of mental problem, but not sure what it is. I was diagnosed with Bipolar, but that probably isn't it. I don't have much mania. However the last drug I tried worked pretty well called Lithium. None of the regular depression medicines did much. I could not bare the side effects of lithium. I have been off all my meds since Sept,. against my psychiatrist's advice. I was even awarded disability but could not receive any monetary benefits of it. That is where the problem lies. I will have to eventually get a job and they may ask about mental health. I know one job did before. So I need to maybe have this doctor think that I am not having mental problems just in case I need him to sign something of that nature. I don't want to be on medicine because they really mess me up. However something is really wrong with me but no one has figured it out in my opinion. Should I keep this doctor as my safety net that I am not insane and save that and pay a regular price to see a different doctor without using my insurance?

No comments:

Post a Comment